For More Information

Johns Hopkins at Green Spring Station
10751 Falls Road, Suite 306
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
Office: 410-583-2726

  1. March 31, 2011 at 9:13 pm

    Dr. Goodman: I have ADD and I am having behavior problems in my marriage. My ADD is hurting my marriage. I want to correct my ADD behaviors and stop hurting my husband. I am taking 18 mg of Concerta. The Concerta helps me to stay focused but I need more help. I live in Nashville TN and I can not come to your office for an appointment. I am seeing Jennifer Scroggie at Vanderbilt. Do you know of any online help or support group near the Nashville TN area. I do not want to start a support group I want to go to one that has already been established. Is there any other helps that I may try. I want to be a helpmeet for my husband I want my ADD behaviors to stop hurting my marriage. I am very much in love with my husband and I am afraid that if my destructive ADD behaviors do not stop now then I am afraid my marriage will end and I do not want that PLEASE HELP! Thank you – Cheryl Welch

    • April 23, 2011 at 2:45 pm

      Cheryl: I’m sorry you’re struggling. Three suggestions: 1. ADHD and Marriage by Orlov is an excellent book we use in our practice to address the effects of ADHD in relationships. I suggest reading it. Also, I’m not familiar with Ms. Scroggie but my expert contact in Nashville is Robert Hunt, MD. He is a nationally recognized expert who may be able to better direct you to local resources. Also, contact CHADD, the national organization on ADHD, at They have support groups all over the country. Perhaps there is one in Nashville. Good luck.
      David W. Goodman, M.D.

  2. Ellen Cohen
    October 18, 2011 at 11:25 pm

    Can you direct me to information about the benefits of ballet on adults with ADD – (combined hyperactive, impulsive, inattentive type). I saw something in an article, but I can not find it again.

  3. Brandy Cook
    April 13, 2012 at 2:31 am

    I’m Interested in learning more about, successfully managing my add; as I have been suffering a greatly since I was a child. Thank you.

    • February 23, 2013 at 7:17 pm

      First place I suggest people start for credible information on ADHD is Children and Adults with ADHD Association
      This is a national association and clearing house for reviewed information on diagnosis, special populations (girls, ethnic, etc.), treatment options (medication and/or behavior therapies). I also suggest visiting our site for published peer-reviewed articles, books we suggest and videos of my media interviews.

  4. Yvonne
    February 18, 2013 at 3:07 pm

    Dr. Goodman, my daughter is a college student who has been on medication for ADD for the last year 2 years and reports it has done wonders for her ability to concentrate/focus and get her work done. She would like to study abroad for one year and hopes to go to Spain, Cyprus and the UK. Can you tell me are there any medications that she will be able to take while there, currently she is on Concerta but has also had success with Vyvanse. She had a horrible reaction to Adderall. If she is not allowed to take medication there do you have any suggestions as what she might take that she could bring with her instead or get prescribed there? Thank you so much.

    • February 23, 2013 at 7:06 pm

      I have a number of patients who travel internationally.
      Concerta is available in the UK, not sure about Spain or Cyprus. You can find this information by calling McNeil Pediatrics customer service number and asking them.
      Vyvanse is only available in U.S., Brazil, and most recently Germany.
      However, in order to get prescriptions for stimulants in these countries, the person will have to see an expert in adult ADHD and they are rare outside the US. There are small pockets of experts in Europe (England, Netherlands, Germany, Ireland) but they can be very hard to find. Often they are at the major medical centers with Psychiatry departments.

      I advised my students traveling abroad to have a family member in the U.S. secure 90 day supplies and ship the stimulant over to them.
      Now, in some countries, especially in Asia, stimulants are frankly illegal so you don’t want to do this. Also, when traveling, always keep the medication in the prescription bottles. I also provide a note on my prescription pad indicating that the person is my patient and prescribe the stimulant for ADHD. It’s added reassurance for authorities if they want to contact me for verification.
      Hope this helps.
      David W. Goodman, M.D.

  5. fperkins
    December 15, 2013 at 5:51 pm

    To be slagged by the NYT on anything ADHD is sort of a badge of honour! Thank you for your work and your efforts to provide information to professionals and patients alike.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: